About Koç University
Koç University in Istanbul is a private, non-profit university. It ranks among the top 10 universities in Turkey and has a good reputation both locally and internationally.
Koç University was established in 1993 in Istanbul, Turkey. During the 27 years since its establishment, Koç University has become one of the leading universities in Turkey, with remarkable contributions to education, knowledge and services both locally and abroad.
The university is ranked among the top 500 universities in the world based on the TIMES global classification.
The scholarships offered by Koç Private University are fully funded if they cover living expenses, housing and health insurance for the entire period of study in Turkey. Some students will also be granted tuition fee waivers only.
The scholarships offered by Koç University are one of the best scholarships in Turkey, as the university is among the top 10 universities in Turkey for its excellence in scientific research outputs.
Most majors are available in the English language, the application process opens once every year, but students can apply for the scholarship to study in the fall or spring semester of some majors through the online portal of Koç University.
On this opportunity, we will conclude the admission requirements, majors, and benefits for the Koç University Turkish scholarship 2021 for postgraduate studies.
Benefits of Scholarship
The Turkish Koç University scholarship winners will receive a full waiver of tuition fees for the entire period of study, and the additional benefits below will be provided to students with high GPA scores or international exams (with the exception of the Masters in Business Administration majors).
- Free accommodation.
- Covering living expenses with a monthly salary.
- Comprehensive health insurance.
Koç University majors
Students can apply for all master’s programs with a thesis except for a major (Master of Laws). Students can also apply for all Ph.D. programs offered by Koç University.
Specialties of the Faculty of Health Sciences at Koç University:
- Cellular and Molecular Medicine.
- Critical Care Nursing.
- Medical Microbiology.
- Medical Physiology.
- Reproductive biology.
Specializations of the College of Business Administration at Koç University:
- International administration.
- Business Management.
Specialties of the Faculty of Science and Engineering at Koç University:
- Biomedical Sciences.
- Chemical and Biological Engineering.
- Computational Science and Engineering.
- Computer Science and Engineering.
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
- the industrial engineering.
- Materials Science and Engineering.
- Mechanical engineering.
- Molecular Biology and Genetics.
Specialties of the Faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities at Koç University:
- Archeology and Art History.
- Clinical Psychology.
- Comparative Studies in History and Society.
- General policy.
- International Relations and Political Science.
- Design, Technology, and Society.
To browse the doctoral programs, please see: Ph.D. programs specializations in Koç University Turkish scholarship
Important note: All the above-mentioned majors are for full-time programs with a thesis, with the exception of the majors of the College of Business Administration.
Conditions for applying for Koç University scholarships
- All nationalities are entitled to apply for Koç University Turkish Scholarships.
- Must be applied to one of the master’s degree programs with a thesis or a Ph.D. to be eligible for the scholarship.
- GPA: The minimum GPA depends on the program you will be applying for (average acceptance rate 3.0)
- Good command of the English language.
- Possess one of the following certificates: GRE, GMAT, or ALES.
- Please see the program page for which you intend to apply from the university’s official website, as the admission requirements for Koç University differ depending on the chosen major.
- Official university transcript.
- College degree.
- Submission Purpose Letter (Letter of Intent).
- English Proficiency Test Results (Please note that IELTS is not accepted in Turkey)
- TOEFL IBT: 80
- YDS / E-YDS: 80
- YÖKDİL: 80
YDS / E-YDS / YÖKDİL are English Proficiency Examinations in Turkey
- GRE, GMAT, or ALES test scores (refer to the Specific Programs page of the website for the required minimum scores)
- Recommenders’ contact information (2 for Masters and 3 for Ph.D. programs)
Please refer to the specific requirements of the program for which you will be applying on the scholarship site.
How to apply
If the above conditions are met, students can apply for Koç University Turkish scholarship 2021 by following the following steps:
- Click on Apply now on this page to create an account on the postgraduate application site.
- Fill out the application and upload all required documents.
- Submit the application before the deadline.
Note: There is no separate application for the scholarship, as applying for a study seat is tantamount to applying for the funded scholarship at the Koç University of Turkey.
The application deadline varies according to the major the student is applying to.
Applying for the fall semester 2020:
Application deadline: June 2020
Applying to study in the spring semester 2021:
Application deadline: December 2020
Scholarship candidates will be notified 12 weeks after the application process ends.
Please see the specialization page for the latest application date.
Official scholarship website:
Electronic Scholarships Portal:
Koc Turkish University majors