Chevening is the UK Government’s global scholarship programme that offers future leaders the unique opportunity to study in the UK. These scholarships are awarded to outstanding professionals from all over the world to pursue a one-year master’s degree in any subject at any UK university.
Chevening provides fully-funded scholarships, leaving you free to focus on achieving your academic goals and enjoying the experience of a lifetime. You will live and study in the UK for a year, during which time you will develop professionally and academically, grow your network, experience UK culture, and build lasting positive relationships with the UK.
If you have ambition, leadership qualities, and a strong academic background, we encourage you to apply during the application window.
Chevening Scholarships are fully-funded scholarships that cover air tickets, accommodation and tuition fees for one year. While studying in the UK, you will have the opportunity to develop your professional and academic prospects, gain skills and knowledge, and build a network of key relationships in the UK. Upon completion of your studies, you will be required to return to your home country for a minimum of two years after the scholarship ends.
Requirements and conditions:
Applicants for the scholarship must meet the following conditions:
- Be a citizen of one of the eligible countries for the Chevening Scholarship.
- Have completed or will continue your undergraduate studies to gain admission into a postgraduate program at a UK university.
- You have at least two years (equivalent to 2,800 hours) of work experience.
- You have applied to three different eligible programs at a UK university and received unconditional admission by 15 July 2021.
Conditions for choosing a specialization for Chevening scholarships
Applicants for the scholarship must choose three different master’s programs. These could be three different study programs in the same university or three similar programs in different universities. In general, the study programs you choose should be similar in content but not necessarily the same. It is recommended to apply to three different universities to increase your chances of acceptance.
The master’s programs you choose must meet the following requirements:
- Be a full-time study program.
- A taught master’s (i.e. not a research focus like MRes programs)
- It falls within the majors of the master’s degree
- The headquarters of the university must be in the United Kingdom.
Benefits and Tuitions :
- Covering tuition fees.
- A round-trip economy ticket to and from the applicant’s country of residence
- Visa fee.
- Arrival and departure allowance.
- £ 75 for TB test if needed.
- A monthly living allowance for accommodation and living expenses. The salary amount depends on the location of the city in which you will study.
Check the Chevening Scholarships Terms and Conditions 2021 for more details on the scholarship benefits.
How to apply :
Chevening scholarship applicants must apply separately to the universities of their choice.
- Check eligible programs for the available study options for the scholarship
- Select your country on this page and select “Scholarship”. If your country is not on the list, then it is not eligible for the Chevening Scholarship.
- Read the information on the page and click apply.
- You will then be directed to the online application portal where you will create an account using your email and password and then click register.
- Fill in the required information
- Check your email and log in.
- You will then be able to access the online Chevening Scholarship application.
- Enter all required information, upload the essays, required documents and contact information for your arbitrator.
Please note that you do not need an admission offer from the university to apply for the Chevening Scholarship. You will be required to submit it later if you are selected for the scholarship.
Chevening Scholarship Timeline:
- The deadline for submitting applications is November 3, 2020 at 12:00 GMT
- The applicants are contacted in February for a personal interview.
- Deadline for submitting recommendations and documents is November 22 (read terms of reference letter)
- From March 1 to April 30, 2021 – interviews take place at British embassies.
- Results will be announced in early June onwards.
- The deadline for submitting at least one unconditional admission / final offer from a UK university is 15 July 2021.