Internship at the UN in Kuwait: Development Coordination 2021
- Provides inputs on evidence-based SDG analysis in support of a shared understanding by the UNCT of sustainable development challenges and opportunities, with particular focus on the four areas of the UNCT’s COVID-19 response plan, including socioeconomic resilience, protection of vulnerable, education and continuous learning and health and wellbeing.
- Provides inputs on socioeconomic trends to inform system-wide planning efforts that the SCF 2020-2025 and the UNCT Common Country Assessment (CCA) are revised to respond to the potential impact and new risks originated from the twin crisis, including COVID-19 and the fluctuation of global oil prices.
- Supports identification, analysis and prioritization of joint programs of UN entities in line with the UNSCF 2020-2025 and the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Supports drafting of inputs to presentations and project documents as well as assists in the organization of meetings.
- Performs other duties assigned.
Qualifications and skills:
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals.
- Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise.
- Is willing to learn from others, and places team agenda before personal agenda.
- Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position.
- Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view.
- Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect.
- Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions.
- Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems.
- Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects.
- Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
- Actively seeks to improve programs or services.
- Offers new and different options to solve problems or meet client needs.
- Promotes and persuades others to consider new ideas.
- Takes calculated risks on new and unusual ideas.
- Thinks “outside the box”.
- Takes an interest in new ideas and new ways of doing things.
- Is not bound by current thinking or traditional approaches.
- Keeps abreast of available technology.
- Understands applicability and limitations of technology to the work of the office.
- Actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks.
- Shows willingness to learn new technology.
- Proficient in MS office applications and analytical software (e.g. STATA).
- Be enrolled in a graduate school program (second university degree or equivalent, or higher).
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent).
- Have graduated with a university degree (as defined above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one year period of graduation.
- Be computer literate in standard software applications.
- Have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the UN and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter.
- Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
Applicants are not required to have professional work experience for participation in the program. Nonetheless, experience in sustainable development or related area would be an advantage.
English and French are the working languages of the UN. Arabic is also a working language of the RCO. For this post, fluency in written and spoken English is required. Knowledge of Arabic is desirable.
About the United Nations:
The United Nations (UN), was established in 1945, is an intergovernmental organization responsible for maintaining international peace and security, developing friendly relations among nations, achieving international cooperation, and being a center for harmonizing the actions of nations. It is the largest, most familiar, most internationally represented and most powerful intergovernmental organization in the world.
How to Apply
Register on the websiteto fill out the application form which includes:
- Personal information
- Work experience
- Skills and training
- Cover letter
Please note: Deadline will be on 27 April 2021.
If you have any questions, contact the team via this page.
for more information visit the link Next