Boston university scholarships (Trustee scholarship)
Why Boston University?
Boston University is ranked 110th in the world. Boston University is a major global research institution.
Within six months of graduating, 96% of students have found employment or placement in graduate programs, military service, or fellowships.
Boston University has more than 300 study programs.
Our Schools & Colleges
- College of Arts & Sciences
- College of Communication
- College of Engineering
- College of Fine Arts
- College of General Studies
- College of Health & Rehabilitation Sciences: Sargent College
- Frederick S. Pardee School of Global Studies
- Arvind and Chandan Nandlal Kilachand Honors College
- Questrom School of Business
- School of Hospitality Administration
- Wheelock College of Education & Human Development
BU’s most prestigious scholarship, scholars become part of a unique campus community that offers intellectual, cultural, and social opportunities. Competitive applicants who are among the most accomplished in their class and demonstrate exceptional engagement in their schools and communities should apply.
- Annual Value: Full tuition & fees
- Deadline: December 1
- Number of Awards: 20
- No CSS Profile™ & FAFSA required
- Available to international students
- One essay required on the Common or Coalition Application
Every year, BU welcomes approximately 20 outstanding students to the Trustee Scholars Program. Many of our current Scholars had perfect 4.0 grade point averages in high school and ranked in the top of their class.
In addition to exceptional academic credentials, Trustee Scholars are intellectually and creatively adventurous and demonstrate viewpoints, experiences, or achievements beyond the usual. They are, in other words, not just top students, but extraordinarily well-rounded individuals. At BU, Trustee Scholars become part of a unique campus community that offers many intellectual, cultural, and social opportunities.
A Trustee Scholarship covers full undergraduate tuition plus mandatory undergraduate student fees, and is renewable for four years if certain criteria are met.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for a Trustee Scholarship:
- Submit the Common or Coalition Application and all required materials for admission to one of the undergraduate degree programs at BU by December 1.
- Complete the Trustee Scholarship essay on the Common or Coalition Application as part of your application to BU.
The Trustee Scholarship Essay:
Please choose from one of the two prompts below and submit one essay, in 600 words or less, as part of your application through the Common or Coalition Application.
- The Trustee Scholars at Boston University form a diverse and inclusive community of students. Please tell us about a time where you proactively advocated for, or experienced, inclusivity in your school or community. What did you learn and how would you put that into practice at Boston University?
- Howard Thurman, who was the dean of BU’s Marsh Chapel from 1953-1965, once wrote: “Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” Can you describe a particular experience you have had or an activity that you participate in that makes you come alive? How would you try to integrate that experience or activity into your time at BU?
For more information, please contact us at 617-353-2320.