2021 Wells Mountain Initiative (VMI ) Scholarships for undergraduate
The Wells Mountain Initiative (WMI) is a public charitable foundation based in Bristol, Vermont, the USA, which has been approved under the United States Internal Revenue Service under Section 501(c)(3). WMI works to create social change through education and community building by providing bright young people in the developing world with student scholarships and skills training, building a network of grassroots leaders who are catalyzing community transformation.
Each year WMI provides support to students as they pursue various educational objectives. Support is provided for post-secondary school (university, polytechnic, trade school). Financial support is primarily to cover tuition and school fees and directly related expenses including books and supplies. The WMI scholarship does not always cover the full cost of tuition and associated educational expenses.
Scholarships are generally granted for the full period of study; however, recipients must maintain good grades, participate in community service and meet WMI deadlines for submitting an official copy of school/course grades, completing the semester report, and validation of community service hours. The scholarship can be discontinued at any time in the event of unsatisfactory performance and/or dishonesty.
Scholarships details :
- Provide: VMI (Wells Mountain Initiative) the USA
- Level Study: undergraduate
- Type of fund: Fully Funded (Almost)
- period of Fund: until the finish
- university: anyone (up to you in your country)
- Deadline : 1 / march / 2021
- English Certificate: not required
- Application Fees: Free
- Application Method: online
Scholarship result :
The scholarship awards are determined by volunteer reviewers and the Scholarship Committee of the Board of Directors and are awarded once a year on August 1.
Acceptable criteria / Ideal Candidate
Our Ideal Candidate – A student, male or female, from a country in the developing world who:
- Successfully completed secondary education, with good to excellent grades
- Is 35 years old or under on August 1, 2021
- Will be studying in his or her country or another country in the developing world
- Is pursuing his or her first bachelor’s degree or diploma
- Will be enrolled in a program of study that will benefit the community and/or contributes to the continued growth and advancement of his or her home country
- Plans to live and work in his or her own country after graduation
- Has demonstrated his or her commitment to giving back and has volunteered prior to applying
- May have some other funds available for his or her education, but will not be able to pursue his or her tertiary degree without financial assistance
- Grade transcripts from schools attended
- National exam results if applicable
- 500 – 1000 word Personal statement (you may either type your statement in the application or upload a separate word or pdf document)
- 500 – 1000 word essay question (you may either type your essay in the application or upload a separate word or pdf document)
- Essay prompt: If you could spend 100 hours on a volunteer service project to help your community, what issue would you address? Who would benefit and how? How would you measure the success of the activity? If your project requires funding, please provide a detailed budget for all expenses.
- Two recommendation letters
- Headshot photo
- Click HERE for a PDF version of the application
- We highly recommend that you review the WMI Scholars Program Information Flyer, WMI Scholars Application Frequently Asked Questions Guide and the WMI Scholars Recommendation Letter Guidelines documents that are located on our website to assist you in preparing the most complete and competitive application possible.
- Applications must be received by March 1 of each year to be considered for the following academic year. WMI Scholars are selected through an in-depth multi-step review process. The selected WMI Scholars will be emailed on August 1. Their names will also be published on our website homepage and the WMI Facebook page. Those who are not selected will also be notified after August 1.
- Please DO NOT type in all capital letters.
- Scholars planning to study in the United States, Canada, Australia, UK or Western Europe will not qualify for a WMI Scholarship
How to apply:
Follow the steps and fill the online application here
follow this link